Saturday, June 4, 2016

Marketing. Or, reuniting with old friends.

So, the reviews are in and people like the tour. I you look on TripAdvisor or Yelp, people like the tour. That makes me feel good. It means I'm good at what I do. I laid out some great tours and people are really enjoying coming on them.

What I don' know how to do and I really need to learn quick, is how to market this business. Yes, there's YELP which I bought an ad on but it certainly isn't paying for itself.  And there's TripAdvisor which has brought some business in. But really, I need to find a way to market to the bicycle demographic that's visiting the city. It needs to happen asap.

But in all of my efforts there has been some fun stuff. I recently contacted Bikabout.com and it turns out that the woman who created it used to live in Madison and worked at the Weary Traveler - a restaurant I helped to build and my best friend owns. The world is a small place but when it comes to Bicycles and Wisconsin the world gets really small quick.

Anyways, she has a great site and it's full of fantastic bicycle resources. Be sure to take a look.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment